You Are Always Welcome Here.
North Way Christian Community was founded in 1981 by Founding Pastor, Dr. Jay Passavant. Now, under the direction of Lead Pastor, Scott Stevens, nearly 4,000 people attend North Way campuses throughout the Pittsburgh region – in Wexford, Oakland, Sewickley Valley, East End and in Dormont. Each location allows people to build strong relationships within their local community, while experiencing the same great worship and teaching that has been a part of North Way for more than thirty years.
Our Beliefs & Values
North Way Christian Community is an inter-denominational church. Our members come from many church backgrounds, both Protestant and Catholic. We are an evangelical church which holds the following tenets of belief:
Our Beliefs on the Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God and is inspired and inerrant as originally given.
- We believe that God is eternal, three persons in One: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless and perfect life, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, and His present dominion at the right hand of God the Father.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to lead a Godly life; and whose baptism provides power for service.
- We believe in the resurrection from the dead of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved into the resurrection of life and those that have not known God into the resurrection of judgment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus.
- We believe in the table of the Lord, commonly called Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers.
- We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory to receive His church unto Himself.
- We believe that worship is our number one priority.
- We believe that prayer is the touchstone of our power.
One Church. Multiple Locations. All Generations.
Wexford • Oakland • Sewickley Valley • East End • Dormont