NEWS & EVENTS
Upcoming Message Series:
“Wonderstruck – Recapturing the Awe of God”
Oct. 10 \ 11 – Oct. 31 / Nov. 1 * #nwWonderstruck
* Wake up. Shower, clothes, breakfast, job, kids, dinner…rinse and repeat. If we aren’t careful, our routines can rob us of our awe and wonder. But what if we started paying attention to the ordinary as well as the extraordinary gifts God creates every day? In our greatest triumphs and in our most challenging moments, we can recapture the awe of God. We can become “Wonderstruck.”
* Live at North Way Wexford: 5pm, Saturday, Oct. 25 and 9 & 11am, Sunday, Oct. 25 * Live in Oakland at 5pm, Sunday, Oct. 25 * Via videocast at all other services in Oakland, Sewickley Valley, East End and Dormont
* When Margaret Feinberg learned that she had cancer she decided to fight back. Knowing that the weapon she selected for this battle would change everything, she chose joy. Hear Margaret share her journey of using joy to fight back fear, regret and pain. Whatever you face today, discover how to embrace a way of living that’s deeper than you’ve ever known – a life radiant with joy.
Care & Support Ministry
* Every Monday, year round * Learn more...
- Physical Healing Prayer, 6 – 7:30pm, Kidz Large Space
- Prayer Ministry Orientation, 7 – 8pm, Connect Center
- Recovery Groups, 7 – 9pm: Purity Matters, Recovery Matters, Codependency
- Support Groups, 7 – 9pm: Prayer Ministry (Men’s & Women)
CONNECT, GROW, SERVE
YOU Belong: Membership at North Way
* 6:30pm, Tues., November 17, Trinity Room
* Interested in learning more about our church and what it means to be a member? Get to know others who are attending, as well as your campus pastor and staff, as you walk together through North Way’s history, vision, and membership process. Plus, find out about the many opportunities to get connected at North Way! Dinner will be provided, and childcare is available upon request. Register here
Homewood Harvest Party
* 7 - 9pm, Friday, October 30, Helen Faison Elementary
* Drop off candy in the lobby now through October 25 or serve the day of the event with registration, games, kitchen, or decorating your trunk and passing out candy. Contact Shannon
or register at my.northway.org
* 8am - 3pm, Saturday, November 7
* Join us for this powerful one day FREE event full of real-life testimonies, exhibitors, and educational sessions that will equip you to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable, abandoned, and at-risk people here in our community, and around the world. Topics include missions, mentoring, human trafficking, embracing life, adoption and foster care. Registration is free and includes breakfast and lunch. There is limited childcare available. We are collecting NEW shoes on the day of the Expo for our Shoes for Orphan Souls drive which delivers shoes to vulnerable children around the world. For more information, please visit nworphancare.org
or register here
Applications are being accepted for 2016 Adult Short Term Mission Trips
to Honduras, Haiti and Cuba. Learn more...
Sprouts of Faith
* 10:30am, Thursday, Oct. 22, Nov. 19 and Dec. 3 * Kidz Large Space * Cost: $5/family per class; payable by cash or check to NWCC
* A faith-based music, movement, and interactive program to excite and stimulate the senses. This ministry is a great parent/child bonding experience set in a Christian environment. Infants to preschoolers are welcome to participate with their parents/caregivers. Questions? Contact Wendy
Live It Out-Homewood Event
* 6 - 8:30pm, Fri., October 23 * South Venue
* The Family Matters team at Wexford is hosting the Live It Out-Homewood event for families of preschool-5th graders. Throughout the month of October, our elementary kids will be learning about Individuality (discovering who you are meant to be so you can make a difference). We want to provide families the opportunity to come together and make a difference in the community! Families will spend time assembling treat bags and other supplies that will be sent to Homewood for their annual Harvest Party. Then, we will eat pizza together and watch our special guest, The Cartoon Guy, in action! Register here
. In lieu of a registration fee, families are asked to bring a donation of individually wrapped candy for the Homewood Harvest Party. Childcare will be provided for children 3 and under. Please note childcare need when registering.
* 6:30pm, Saturday, November 7, South Venue
is the place where kids and parents learn together about Life Apps that model the character of Jesus. It's a 45 minute interactive experience with worship, skits and creative storytelling. Friends and neighbors welcome! To order Chick-fil-A meals, click here
Nuke 'Em Tournament
* 6:30pm, Sun., October 11
* Join us for Student Ministry's favorite game!
Clue Mystery Night
* 6:30pm, Sunday, October 18
* We're playing Clue LIVE!! Can you solve the mystery?
GIANORMOUS Sundae Sunday
* 6:30pm, Sunday, November 1
Laurelville Student Retreats
* Middle School: November 13-15 and High School: November 20-22 * Cost: $150
* It's time for Laurelville! This is going to be an awesome weekend hanging out with friends and leaders, playing games, worshiping, connecting at Club and, of course, a strictly friendly game of mud football! Register here for middle school
and high school
JOBS @ NORTH WAY
- General labor/housekeeping help needed (full and part time positions are available). Must have a valid driver's license and pass a background clearance. Respond with phone and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Childcare employees needed * In search of energetic individuals with loving hands and caring hearts to serve in childcare area during various events and services for our Dormont, Oakland and Sewickley Valley campuses. Must have flexibility in days and hours. Email email@example.com if interested.
- Part-Time Counseling Center Administrative (14 hours/week with possible evenings and Saturdays) - Responsibilities include scheduling, answering phones, report writing/analysis collection, update and/or create marketing materials and other general office responsibilities. Proficiency in Microsoft; counseling experience preferred. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Wexford Campus Address
12121 Perry Highway Wexford, PA 15090