NEWS & EVENTS
Message Series: "Choosing Turbulence" * Through Oct. 4 * #nwChoices * Spiller of coffee, jostler of luggage, filler of barf bags and rattler of nerves. Turbulence arrives
suddenly, filling the cabin with tension and anxiety. Many of our lives are filled with spiritual
turbulence: anxiety, tension, turmoil and strife. We wonder when the pilot of our souls will find some
smoother air in the higher elevations, but nothing seems to be changing. Nobody chooses a turbulent
flight, but the same is not always true of spiritual turbulence. Perhaps it's unintentional, but is it
possible that we are spiritually choosing turbulence instead of smoother skies? There are only four places in the Scriptures where we are explicitly told “this is the will of God.” This series will examine these explicit statements, helping us to choose God’s way instead of our own often turbulent choices.
Upcoming Message Series:
“Wonderstruck – Recapturing the Awe of God” | Oct. 11 – Nov. 1 * #nwWonderstruck
* Wake up. Shower, clothes, breakfast, job, kids, dinner…rinse and repeat. If we aren’t careful, our routines can rob us of our awe and wonder. But what if we started paying attention to the ordinary as well as the extraordinary gifts God creates every day? In our greatest triumphs and in our most challenging moments, we can recapture the awe of God. We can become “Wonderstruck.”
Fall Family Night * 5pm, Saturday, October 3 * Office & Ministry Center (801 Beaver St.) * Join us for a night of fun for the whole family! Families can enjoy a Saturday night church service with live worship and preaching, followed by dinner, fall-themed games and activities, and a live, interactive show, fmlive!, that everyone will enjoy!
"Faithful, Abundant, True" A Study for Women,
featuring Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore
* 9:30 - 11:30am, October 8 – November 19 * Office & Ministry Center (801 Beaver St) * Cost: $20 for book and class fee, $35 for book, class fee, and childcare. * Join women from around the community as we journey together to deepen our faith. Learn more or register.
"I Still Do" Conference Simulcast * 9am - 5pm, Saturday, October 17 * Join us as we focus on strengthening marriages. Whether you’ve been married for a year or 50 years, have a healthy marriage or a struggling relationship, this conference is for you. Register here.
A Night at the Farm * 5:30 - 8:30pm, Saturday, October 24, Reilly’s Summer Seat Farm * Bring your family and friends and join us for a night of fall fun on the farm. Following the hayride, enjoy food and fellowship around the bonfire. Cost: $8 adults, $5 child.
Margaret Feinberg * Via videocast at 9 & 11, Sunday, October 25 * When Margaret Feinberg learned that she had cancer she decided to fight back. Knowing that the weapon she selected for this battle would change everything, she chose joy. Hear Margaret share her journey of using joy to fight back fear, regret and pain. Whatever you face today, discover how to embrace a way of living that’s deeper than you’ve ever known – a life radiant with joy.
Father and Daughter Dance * 6 - 8pm, Saturday, November 7, Edgeworth Club (511 East Drive Sewickley PA, 15123) * Join us for an enchanting evening at the Edgeworth Club that your little girl will not soon forget. Dinner, dancing, and fun surprises are sure to make this one enchanted evening. Dads, grandpas,and friends are welcome to escort girls ages preschool to fifth grade to this special event. Dad’s –don’t miss this opportunity to invite friends and their daughters and get a table together. Register here.
Laurelville Student Retreats * Middle School: November 13-15 and High School: November 20-22 * Cost: $150 * It's time for Laurelville! This is going to be an awesome weekend hanging out with friends and leaders, playing games, worshiping, connecting at Club and, of course, a strictly friendly game of mud football! Register here for middle school and high school.
Homewood Harvest Party
* 7 - 9pm, Friday, October 30, Helen Faison Elementary
* Drop off candy in the lobby now through October 25 or serve the day of the event with registration, games, kitchen, or decorating your trunk and passing out candy. Contact Shannon
or register at my.northway.org
* 8am - 3pm, Saturday, November 7, Wexford Campus
* Join us for this powerful one day FREE event full of real-life testimonies, exhibitors, and educational sessions that will equip you to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable, abandoned, and at-risk people here in our community, and around the world. Topics include missions, mentoring, human trafficking, embracing life, adoption and foster care. Registration is free and includes breakfast and lunch. There is limited childcare available. We are collecting NEW shoes on the day of the Expo for our Shoes for Orphan Souls drive which delivers shoes to vulnerable children around the world. For more information, please visit nworphancare.org or register here.
Applications are being accepted for 2016 Adult Short Term Mission Trips
to Honduras, Haiti and Cuba. Learn more...
Jobs @ North Way
- General labor/housekeeping help needed (full and part time positions are available). Must have a valid driver's license and pass a background clearance. Respond with phone and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Childcare employees needed * In search of energetic individuals with loving hands and caring hearts to serve in childcare area during various events and services for our Dormont, Oakland and Sewickley Valley campuses. Must have flexibility in days and hours. Email email@example.com if interested.
- Adult Life Development Coordinator (East End Campus - Full Time Position) * Assist with assimilation process; oversee hospitality teams; provide administrative support and partner with Campus Manager/Adult Life Development Director on a wide variety of tasks and projects.
Sewickley Campus Address Osborne Elementary School
1414 Beaver Road Sewickley, PA 15143