North Way Missions & Outreach
North Way’s outreach focuses on partnering with churches and established organizations to aid in the desperate state of disenfranchised, abandoned, and orphaned children locally, nationally, and globally. We believe that transformation can happen by delivering practical resources to meet needs and developing and implementing long term solutions. We believe that the local church is a vital part of this mission and endeavor to partner with and establish churches that influence and develop indigenous leaders to carry out lasting and growing movements.
A Message from Pastor Scott Stevens about
Transformational Outreach at North Way Christian Community
LEARN. GIVE. GO.
House of Manna
| June 20 - June 24
| House of Manna will be conducting a very impactful summer camp! The following link has a list of very important needs. There are a lot of great volunteer opportunities available (worship leaders, food donation, cleanup, etc.). Sign up to volunteer here
Women's Choice Network
is seeking volunteers. Learn more . . .
for upcoming events.
Light of Life Serving Opportunities
* Anyone interested in serving can sign up on the Light of Life volunteer database
- Thursday, July 21 | Day of Hope Picnic Outreach | This annual picnic outreach involves a cookout providing over 1,000 meals to those in need, live entertainment throughout the day, a presentation of the gospel, volunteers doing community projects all over the North Side, and over 30 agencies present to educate those in need on the services available to them. Over 100 volunteers are needed to serve that day.
- Food prep from 1 - 3pm Monday through Friday every week. Clients have class every day at 1pm so much help is needed during this time to help prepare dinner.
- Driving the van every Saturday morning to Target in the South Hills Village at 10am to pick up food donations
- Yinzer 5k | Saturday, August 6 | All proceeds from Light of Life’s 4th annual Yinzer 5k race at North Park benefit the Mission. Learn more and register here.
- Save the Date! More than a Meal Gala | Tuesday, October 18 | Light of Life’s Annual More than a Meal Gala will be at Heinz Field with Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley.
For more information on how to get involved in these or other Light of Life serving opportunities, contact Emily
Open Hand Ministries Monthly Serving Opportunity
* Open Hand Ministries (OHM) renovates homes in East Liberty and Garfield to prepare them for ownership by disadvantaged families who live in those neighborhoods and participate in OHM's family care program. They also partner with community organizations to complete “community care” home repair projects for East Liberty and Garfield residents. On the first Saturday of each month, and every Wednesday, OHM has a “work day” where volunteers work on these home renovation, repair and clean-up projects along with skilled contractors and members of OHM's leadership. Activities on work days may include various cleaning, demolition and construction tasks. Construction and/or renovation experience is appreciated but in no way required - volunteers of all skill levels are welcome! Click here
for more information. To volunteer, contact Jodi Salant
Sponsor a Child, Pittsburgh Kids Foundation Haiti Project *
The PKF is partnering with three centers in Cap Haitien, Haiti where North Way sends short-term mission teams (EBAC, IDADEE, and New Vision Children’s Home). Our partners there care for the basic needs of orphan children and nurture their relationship with Jesus Christ. Consider sponsoring one of the 140 children living in these homes and make a difference in a child’s life. For more information visit www.pkfchildsponsorship.com
Sponsor a Child, Raising Kids – SEAPC Global Sponsorships *
SEAPC has joined with different ministries to form partnerships for purpose; helping children in need. Through these partnerships, orphaned and abandoned children receive shelter, food, clothing, education, medical care, loving nurture from Christian caregivers and the opportunity to develop a personal relationship with Jesus. Consider sponsoring one of the over 500 children living in these homes currently located in Cambodia, India and Myanmar. For more information, visit www.seapc.org/how-we-serve/raising-kids/
Recommended Studies for Small Groups (All available on Amazon.com) * When Helping Hurts: The Small Group Experience by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert (six sessions) * A Passion for the Fatherless: Developing a God-Centered Ministry to Orphans by Daniel Bennett (7 week study) Book Studies: * Just Courage: God's Great Expedition for the Restless Christian by Gary Haugen * Orphan Justice by Johnny Carr * Western Christians in Global Mission: What’s the Role of the North American Church? by Paul Borthwick
Short Term Trips
Contact Shannon Libengood
or 724.935.6803 ext. 1212 if you have additional questions.