Our Mission To eternally impact the orphan by engaging the Church to “care for orphans in their distress.” We are dedicated to encouraging, educating and empowering families to free orphans to follow Jesus. Our Ministry This ministry was founded in 2006 by North Way Christian Community members dedicated to impacting the plight of the orphan. Our purpose is to act as a resource to individuals and families through:
- Education by enlightening the church about the needs of orphan, and the steps to take toward adoption/foster care, or orphan care accomplished primarily by holding conferences, bible studies and classes.
- Supporting families with prayer, fellowship, networking, and advice. We seek to develop a mentoring, small group environment between families who have already fostered/adopted and those that are in the process through our monthly support group.
- Providing Financial Resources to families contemplating adoption through our North Way Community Adoption Fund.
- Network with agencies, organizations and other churches in the local, national and international orphan care arena.
- Couples enter into a covenant agreement to repay the loan through manageable monthly or annual payments.
- Couples may utilize the Federal Adoption Tax Credit to support their loan payments.
- Couples may utilize employer reimbursement programs to support their loan payments.
- Matching Grants that encourage the adopting couple’s family and friends to financially and prayerfully support the adoption.
- Dollar-for-dollar matching grants up to $4,000 act as catalysts in raising funds.
- Involving the local church creates a lifelong bond between the church family and the adopted child.